I hope you got a new notebook or lovely pen this Christmas, a small but wonderful gift for creativity and getting organised. I got sent a pen, made of wood – I know, how very eco!
I mention this because making yourself a little bit famous requires focus, effort, planning and most important of all, taking notes.
If you’re serious about powering up your profile and building your brand, you should be making a note of:
- The TV and radio programmes you could appear on.
- The speaking or panel discussion opportunities for which you can suggest yourself.
- The ideas that come to you at strange times that you never remember. These are so useful for stories, comments and examples that hook people into what you’re saying.
- The news or industry latest you come across, that would make good blog-fodder or a mention when you take part in a panel. This also helps you keep up to date with your subject area.
- And, why not make a note of what you’ve done or who you’ve approached. So easily forgotten in our busy lives as we whiz onto the next thought or activity.