Panel discussion example zoom script
About the author
Penny is an award-winning female motivational speaker UK & event host.
She's the author of Panel Discussions - The Ultimate Guide
By Penny Haslam
MD and Founder - Bit Famous
Panel discussion example Zoom script. Not all panel discussions are face to face, in this section of my guide, how you can remain engaged with the audience while moderating a panel held on Zoom or Teams.
With virtual events stay engaged with the audience and panellists by looking at the camera lens.
If the event is virtual, then of course you can print off your script, but there’s a danger you’ll show the audience the top of your head when you look down at it.
My two-step workaround for this is simple and, may I say, brilliant:
- Step 1: Have your script document open and drag it to just below the camera lens – usually the middle top of your screen.
- Step 2: Create huge margins either side of your text to make your text narrow on the page. This serves as an autocue you can scroll easily with your mouse and means you can maintain eye contact through the camera lens.
This method means that your eyes aren’t moving, comedy style, from one side of the page to the other while you read the sentences on your script. Download an example script from a virtual panel discussion hosted by Penny Haslam.
When hosting a panel discussion on Zoom, use wide margins on your script autocue style
Panel Discussions Book - Free Resources
NEW! Get my panels email
straight to your inbox
- Five top tips for panel appearances (blog)
- Do these 20 things and ensure success as a panel chair (blog)
- Panel discussions masterclass video
- Let's talk panel discussions (podcast)
- How to introduce panellists (script example)
- Prepare for a panel discussion (moderator's email to panellists)
- Panel discussion script example
- Panel discussion (Zoom example script)
- NEW! Chapter 8 - How to get invited on a panel discussion
- NEW! How to interrupt someone during a panel discussion
- You want to sizzle, not snooze, at panel discussions (video)
- Teams that shine when they take part in panel discussions put their organisation at an immediate advantage
- Penny Haslam event host
- Panel Discussions: Finalist in Business Book Awards